Thursday, February 02, 2006

Scene Query

So I now have my units performing a scene query to determine where they should stand on the terrain. It works pretty well so far. I haven't bounded the edges of the map yet so the units could fall off (I haven't let them run that far yet) once they hit the edges but this is a simple bounds check that I can place in later. Also, the path finding should prevent units from moving off the edges of the map once it's in place.

I am not sure which method is going to be faster of keeping the units at the right terrain height. I am currently using the SceneQuery but I may just need to grab the terrain information, cache it, and then use interpolation along the triangles u and v directions which may end up being faster. If it becomes a problem, or if I have time, this will get implemented. As for now, it works so that's what I'm working with for now.


Screenshot: 1280x768x32 - No AA - Default ATI Settings

No comments: