Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ortho Viewports

So I've implemented the 3 standard ortho viewports that are found in almost all editors. It only took me about an hour in total to get it done including compile times. All the viewport code worked, I just needed to add specific camera controls to handle each specific viewport. Everything else just worked automagically. I am having one problem with the translate tool if you start it in one window and then continue its motion in another window but that'll get solved.

The controls still need to be refined but they work. It's just a matter of tweaking at this point. I'm also going to try and list out a defined set of tasks that I've completed for each update so I can see the internal progress myself.

Change Log:
  • A front/side/top orthographic viewport is shown on the main page
  • The actual Entity that was clicked is selected now instead of the parent object.
  • The Translate/Rotate gizmos check the object and its parent object for the required properties
  • The Translate/Rotate gizmos now cache the selected scene objects that support the requirements so that they can simply be looped over instead of checking the requirements each frame.
  • Deleting an Entity no longer takes its parent object (usually a SceneNode) and the children of that parent with it.
  • The ResourceBrowser no longer shows a bounding box after the first object is changed.
  • Viewports now support camera styles to define their movement types: Free, Front, Side, Top


No comments: